StudyFlats understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our legal obligations.
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Our Site”||means this website, www.studyflats.com; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Interhousing Limited, a limited company registered in England under number 10069254, whose registered address is Clavering House Business Centre, Clavering Place, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 3NG, England.|
- Information about us
Our Site, www.studyflats.com, is owned and operated by Us.
- Scope – what does this policy cover?
- Data collected
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it. Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- your name;
- your business or company’s name;
- your contact information (such as your email address and telephone number);
- your address;
- your educational institution;
- details of the property/properties you wish to advertise;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- the URL of the website referring you to Our Site (automatically collected);
- your activity on Our Site (automatically collected);
- the device you use to access Our Site (automatically collected); and
- your location (automatically collected).
- How do we use your data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
- supplying and improving our services to you;
- personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- responding to communications from you;
- supplying you with marketing emails that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the links provided in our emails; and
- market research.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may use your data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as amended).
- How and where do we store your data?
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include (but is not limited to) the use of legally binding contractual terms between us and any third parties we engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- To protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site. However, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure. You are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
- Do we share your data?
- [We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and/or services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.]
- [We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.]
- In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information (for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority). We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
- What happens if our business changes hands?
- How can you control your data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
- Your right to withhold information
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How can you access your data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held) on payment of a £10 fee. Please contact us for more details using the contact details below.
- Contacting us